What can I expect from my insurance company?
Insurance companies, both yours and that of the other driver involved in the accident, will start investigating the accident and gathering evidence for your case immediately. You will deal with insurance adjusters from your own insurance company and that of the other driver(s) involved very soon after the accident occurs.
Kentucky is a no-fault state and drivers are required to carry Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage. PIP insurance covers up to $10,000 in medical expenses, lost wages and other damages no matter who was at fault for the accident. This guarantees money for expenses no matter who was responsible but does not allow you to sue the other driver unless your injuries were severe. A personal injury attorney can help you determine your options.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Am I eligible for property damages as a result of my car accident. What damages can I recover?
- Can I get compensation if the accident was partly my fault?
- Do I have to call the police if I’m involved in a car accident?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident?
- How long do I have to file my claim?
- I was in a car crash recently, and the other driver’s insurance adjuster contacted me wanting to talk about the accident. Should I speak to him?
- I was involved in a car accident, what should I do first?
- I was involved in a hit-and-run accident, can I still get compensation?
- I’m facing a lot of bills and other expenses as a result of being in a car accident. What damages can I receive when my case is resolved?
- Is my car accident claim going to be settled, or is it going to court?
- My car accident was relatively minor, and I don’t think my injuries are all that bad, but my wife says I need to see a doctor anyway. Do I need to see a doctor after a car accident?
- Recently, I was in a crash with two other vehicles. How am I supposed to handle the insurance adjusters?
- Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
- The accident I was injured in happened at the end of 2017. Is it too late to file a claim now?
- The police took down all my information at the crash scene. Do I have to get that report from them?
- What can I expect from my insurance company?
- What kind of coverage does my insurance company offer?
- Why can’t I handle my own car accident claim?
- Why do I need an attorney after my car accident?
Marty fought for me when the insurance company denied my claim. We sued and got the insurance limits.