Involved in an auto accident

Have you been injured? Call or text Hessig & Pohl at 502-777-1111

No matter how safely and defensively you drive, other drivers on the road could be driving negligently and recklessly. It can be scary, especially if you don’t know what to do after. We will help you figure out the steps you should take and support you through this process.

Every year, there are over 150,000 traffic accidents in Kentucky. Of these, 25,000 involved injuries and 724 were fatal car accidents.

Frequently asked questions:

How long do I have to file my claim?

In Kentucky, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years. 

What do I do if I was in an accident?

  • Stop your vehicle
  • Do not leave the scene of the accident
  • Check yourself, and your passengers for injuries
  • Move your vehicle to the side of the road.
  • Call the police.
  • Gather insurance/contact information from all drivers involved in the crash
  • Give other driver(s) your insurance and contact information
  • Get names and contact information from any eyewitnesses

Will my case go to court?

The circumstances of each case dictate the possible outcome.

If you aren’t sure what to do, contact us, we can help with your next step.

If you or someone you know has been injured due to accidents and it wasn’t your fault, you could be entitled to compensation.  Contact Hessig & Pohl for a no-fee case consultation.  We don’t get paid unless you get paid.

by Hessig and Pohl Law | Sep 9, 2022 | 



Keep Yourself Safe By Keeping Your Dogs Trained


What To Do If Your College Student Is In An Accident